Spear of Shojin is a very powerful item when used on a champion that can benefit the most out if it.
The question is: Does Spear of Shojin Stack in TFT and if yes, which champ can get the most out of its buff?
Does Spear of Shojin Stack in Teamfight Tactics?
Yes, multiple Spears of Shojin on the same champion stack and this works great on champions that have a strong ultimate.
Basically, that unit will gain back 30% of his max mana per attack, which translates into a quicker cast of their ability.
Stacking 2 Spears of Shojin on Pyke
Let’s look at an example, that was very popular when the game was first released, Pyke with Double Spear of Shojin stacked on him.
Pyke has 125 mana bar and starts with 75 mana (you can read this other article where we explained why some champions have initial mana in TFT). With 2 Spears on him, he will start the fight with 115 mana. Being an assassin, he will jump on the farthest enemy.
Usually from a single auto-attack he regens between 7 and 10 mana. If he gets 10 mana from the first auto-attack, he’ll have his mana bar full and use his ability Phantom Undertow, when he dashes behind the furthest enemy, stunning all units he passes through.
The stun duration depends on his level 2 / 2.5 / 3, but even at level one, his ability offers a great crowd control. Then, every time he hits someone, he will regen 7-10 mana plus 30% of his max mana, which is 37.5, so a total of about 46-47 mana per attack, meaning he will get fill his mana bar with only 3 attacks (not considering the mana regen from taking damage), when he will ult back again across the board.
Champs good with Stacked Spear of Shojin
Basically, any champion that has a strong ultimate could benefit from stacking 2 Spear of Shojin. Here’s a few examples that we tested and did pretty well:
- Pyke – used to be one of the best options, now it’s no longer that popular, but still works great for CC-ing the entire enemy team
- Aurelion Sol – Asol has a very strong ultimate, if the enemy units are grouped up, Asol will literally wipe them all out, especially if he’s level 2
- Varus – even though he’s a 2 Gold unit, Varus has a strong ability. Even at level 1, his arrow deals 300 damage to all enemy units it passes through. Stacking 2 Spear of Shojin on him will help cast the ability very fast and shred through the enemy team
- Ashe – this is another option that would work well in a Glacials team comp. While her ability damage isn’t out-of-this-world, what’s nice about it is the stun duration, which depends on the distance her Enchanted Crystal Arrow travels, so it can stun a unit for a few good seconds, enough time for her to stun them again from basic attacks and the Glacials Bonus.
- Brand – his ability deals a ton of damage to multiple units, so making sure he casts multiple of them during a fight could be game-changing. Stack 2 Spears of Shojin on him with a Deathcap or Luden’s and he’ll melt the entire enemy team.
What items work best with Stacked Spear of Shojin in TFT
There are 2 kinds of items that work best with stacked Spear of Shojin, and this depends on who you’re stacking them on:
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade – This works best on Varus, because he relies on auto-attacking, but could also work very well on Aurelion Sol.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – You would want to use this instead of Rageblade if you don’t focus on casting abilities that quickly, but instead you want them to be much stronger. This works great on Aurelion Sol, and if you can’t build a Rageblade, you can put Deathcap on Varus as well.
Hopefully, this answers your question: Does Spear of Shojin Stack in Teamfight Tactics, but more than that, it will help you chose the best champions to put them on, and also select a 3rd best item for the ultimate combo.
If you have other great suggestions for Stacking Spears, please share them in the comments below. We look forward to other creative ideas.